Who We Are : meditationforfreedom.com
Policy Updated 22/10/2018
Add Your Heading Text Here
It also tells you your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you have any questions, please see How to contact Meditation For Freedom about privacy.
Meditation For Freedom UK, is the data controller responsible for this website.
Being the data controller means we are responsible for deciding why and how we use personal data in our business. Meditation For Freedom UK work collaboratively to provide its products and services to customers all over the World.
There are lots of different ways in which we may collect data, or receive data, and you can see an explanation of the main ways below.
You May Give Us Data When You Interact With Us
You may give us data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or through chat or social media. This includes data you provide when you:
- Sign up to receive our newsletter
- Make enquiries or request information be sent to you
- Order our products
- Ask for direct marketing to be sent to you
- Use any of our ‘refer a friend’ schemes
- Participate in our competitions
- Engage with us on social media
- Contact customer services
- Leave comments or reviews on our products or services.
We May Get Some Data Automatically
As you interact with us, including via the Meditation For Freedom UK website, we may automatically collect data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
We may also collect data when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on third party websites or via social media).
We May Obtain Some Data From Third Parties
We may receive data about you from various categories of third parties, including:
- Providers of services which facilitate our e-commerce operations, including e-commerce platforms and payment and fraud prevention services;
- Analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers; from data partners;
- Your friends who referred you using ‘refer a friend’ schemes;
- Publicly available sources; and from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media or review sites.
Types Of Personal Data We Collect
How we collect data above described all the different ways in which it’s possible to be given or obtain data. Some of that data may be personal data and we explain below the types of personal data we may collect about you.
Of course, the types of personal data we collect about you will depend on how you are interacting with us.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect a variety of personal information about our customers and visitors who visit the Meditation For Freedom website.
This Personal Data Is As Follows
- Identity Data includes title, gender, first name, maiden name, last name, date of birth, username or similar identifier and your login/password.
- If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media user name.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card and direct debit/bank account details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling).
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, and any of the content you contribute.
- Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If you share personal data referred to in this category we will not know and can only treat it as personal data.
If you post any of this data on the forum, you have chosen to make it public online, and anyone can read it.
Remember, if you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the products and services you’ve asked for.